Trackstar Racing | Info | Results | 2018 | Saturday 28 April

Latest Results

  • Monday 6th May

    Monday 6th May

    Micro Banger: 678 Alex Ward. 1600cc Banger: 275 Joel Bond. 2L Banger: 519 Lee Middleton. Unlimited Banger: 382 Jack Foster JNR. Reliant Robins: 553 Daniel Douglas.

    Updated: 11 May 2024 13:52

  • Sunday 21st April

    Sunday 21st April

    1600cc Bangers: 311 Gary Lown. Junior Bangers: 515 Reagan Flatters. 1300cc Stock Cars: 167 Jimmy Morris. 2L Saloons: 129 Will Morphey

    Updated: 24 Apr 2024 14:35

  • Next Meetings

    • Saturday 25 May - 16:00
    • 2L Stock Car Lowman Race Engines National Championship, 1300 Stock Car British Championship & Unlimited Bangers
    • Monday 27 May - 13:00
    • Big Van Bangers (3.5tonne limit), Micro Bangers, Classic Cars R Us Junior Bangers & Unlimited Lady Bangers
    • Saturday 08 June - 17:00
    • National Banger Bilge Bonanza for Brooks & Classic Cars R Us Junior Bangers
    • Saturday 22 June - 17:00
    • 2L Bangers War of the Worlds Teams, 1300 Stock Cars, Moats Old Skool Throwback – Trackstar celebrates over 40 years of 673 John Moat behind the wheel & 2L Stock Cars incl. Ladies Race

Latest Points

Saturday 28 April

Pictures: Dave Bastock

Words: Keith Organ

Stock Car racing returned to the Adrian Flux arena in a dream triple bill that many race fans favour as the perfect formula billing. Typical British weather saw the arena suffer significant rain in the days prior to the event, but Buster Chapman didn’t let that get in the way of a perfect racing surface after a couple of races.

F1 Stock Cars

An excellent 25 cars were on track for the Whites and Yellows race for the F1’s. Colin Nairn (280) on pole for the green flag. The sheer number of yellow graders saw a number of them trip over one another. Nigel Harrhy (45) one of the first casualties after being spun around by Richard Woods (268). Karl Roberts (313) and Rob Plant (364) took a trip to the turn 1 fence just as Tim Warwick (307) was sent into a spin by Phoebe Wainman (211). Nairn and Austen Moore (127) were enjoying a battle for the lead, but this was short lived as Moore was forced into retirement. Chris Farnell (32) now the race leader as the track began to dry with Aaron Cozens (76) in second. James Bailey (135) and Wainman ended in a pile in the fence in turn 3, the 135 machine losing it’s front inside wheel. Joe Booth (446) and Jack France (216) were enjoying a battle further down the order for 7th place. The lap boards were out for Farnell; and the laps soon ticked by; Cozens not close enough to mount a challenge in the last bend. Booth tried to move by France before the flag, but the challenge was unsuccessful, France holding on to 7th.

F1 heat 1 drew a 20 car field; including surprise late addition Craig Finnikin now racing under H955. Steve Malkin JNR (308) starting pole position led them off. John Thompson (312) who had repaired a lot of damage from the previous week’s Sheffield was the first casualty; riding the fence in turn 1. Luke Dennis (192) collected a marker tyre, who in turn was then collected by Robert Plant (364). Frankie Wainman (515) made light work of his fellow star graders and was now well in to the top 10 after a handful of laps. Finnikin put a hit on Mat Newson (16) in to turn 1 taking him in to Neil Scriven (11); the trio colliding and hooking up with one another momentarily. John Dowson (94) and Wainman picked up where they left off from last month’s final and starting battling it out for position. Dennis was again taking an interest in the marker tyres as he duly collected another one just prior to the halfway stage. Malkin still up front, holding to the lead spot as the dust began to rise; Karl Roberts (313) in second, Colin Goodswen (372) in third. Bradley Harrison (25) and Lee Fairhurst (217) engaged in battle further down the order; whilst last month’s final winner Mark Sargent (326) moved Goodswen aside to steal third position as the lap boards were presented. Malkin now had close company challenging for his lead, with Roberts closing in; Sargent closing in on them both and Wainman was looming in their mirrors behind in fourth. Sargent attacked Roberts to take second in to turn 3, the 313 machine attempted retaliation in to turn 1, but half spun in the process dropping him down the order. In to the last bend and Malkin had enough of a gap to an excellent flag to flag victory; Sargent however lost his second place when Wainman sent him to the fence. Sargent delayed enough to allow Goodswen back on to the podium in third.

F1 heat 2 ventured on to a freshly watered track; no one predicting that with all the rain that had been about. 24 cars out and William Fenwick (57) starting on pole position with whites and yellows victor Chris Farnell (32) alongside. Sam Makin (93) the first casualty after a spin in turn 1; the charging pack needing to take avoiding action to not clatter the 93 machine.  The waved yellows called for as a result of some debris on track. Farnell led them off, Austen Moore (127) in second and Aaron Cozens (76) in third. The restart saw a train of cars sent in to turn 1, Geoff Nicholls (215) coming off worst as he collected the fence Mark Woodhull (335) then went in to a spin. Bobby Griffin (166) piled James Bailey (135) in to Fenwick as a small pile up formed, Stuart Smith (390), the leading star grade charger, just avoids.  At the halfway stage Farnell was holding on to the lead ahead of Moore and now Smith who was upto third. Richard Woods (268) and Phoebe Wainman (211) were enjoying an excellent battle further down the order. Dan Johnson (4) was catching Smith as the laps wound down, only for his outside rear tyre to let go. Smith promptly moved Farnell aside to take over the running and then the victory; Farnell and Moore coming home second and third; a great result for the white graders.

20 cars returned for the Consolation; Aaron Cozens (76) on pole. Bobby Griffin (166) spins out before green on the exit of turn 3, Chris Makin (93) also a spinner in turn 1. Luke Dennis (192) sent Tim Warwick (307) to the fence in turn 1. Dennis and Joe Booth (446) collided with each other and hooked up in the backstraight. After a slow start Dan Johnson (4) was back up with the reds and started to picking them off. Craig Finnikin (H955) sent Mat Newson (16) to the plating in turn 1. Booth and Dennis had rejoined the race and were bumpering each other wide; Booth launching Dennis in turn 1.  Cozens was your leader but some mechanical woes saw him half spins and collect the turn 1 wall; the 76 machine was then collected by John Thompson (312). The waved yellows were called for. On the restart the top three were: 4 446 H955; Finnikin quickly passing Booth. Team mates James Morris (463) nudged Newson wide in turn 3; Ian Noden (306) was next to come under attacked from 463 which a trip to the fence. The lap boards were out and Morris was now battling with Dennis which delayed him long enough that when Paul Hines (259) last bend attacked Newson, the 16 machine run into 192 and 463; dropping Morris down the places.

32 cars grid for the F1 Final, Heat winner Steve Malkin (308) on pole. Danny Wainman (212) lost all power at the start which proved a difficult object for the rest of the reds to negotiate. John Dowson (94) was spun around by Mark Woodhull (335) in turn 1, both were then collected by the surrounding red graders. The sheer number of yellow graders on track meant something was sure to happen, and sure enough a small group tripped over each other and came to rest in a collection in the turn 3 fence. Frankie Wainman (515) nudged Dan Johnson (4) out wide in to turn 3, Johnson then reciprocated in to the next bend, the delay allowed Stuart Smith (390) to make up some of the time from earlier and was right with them. Wainman went out wide allowing Smith underneath him and to get the break with Johnson. The number 4 machine then did the almost exact same thing as Wainman the lap before and the 4 car attacked the fence allowing Smith to pass by. Fairhurst now also in close company; Fairhurst lunged in on Smith in to turn 1, Smith sent in to a half spin, was sent round with help from Fairhurst and Johnson.  Waved yellows were called for as James Morris (463) was left stranded in turn 3; Austen Moore (127) in first; with Bobby Griffin (166) in second and Ian Noden (306) next. The restart; Chris Cowley (37) attacked Mat Newson (16); just as Griffin took over the lead; but Moore wasn’t finished and quickly regained control. Further back, Johnson bumpered Luke Dennis (192) wide in turn 3 before moving on to Newson at the halfway stage. Griffin retired leaving Moore in front, just as Johnson continued his progress moving Noden offline. Bradley Harrison (25) was then sent into a spin by Billy Johnson (169).  Further waved yellows were called for; giving the opportunity to keep the rising dust down with some watering; the top four on the restart: 127 4 16 515. Wainman wasted no time and helped Johnson and Newson to the fence; whilst Moore lost out and tripped over Mark Gilbank (21) and Craig Finnikin (H955), Moore left stranded in the home straight; Noden and Jack France (216) also left in a heap in turn 1. Another set of yellow flags needed; the top four now looked like: 4 515 16 955. Wainman again wasted no opportunity and sent Johnson wide in to turn 1on the green flag. The pair side by side down the back straight in to turn 3, Wainman held it out wide to the plating so Johnson had to back out. Wainman now with a few car lengths gap; Johnson clattered the turn 1 fence once again in a shower of sparks, Newson also running into Johnson. Back in to turn 3 Newson goes wide and skates around the plating, as does Johnson. Second to fourth altogether; Johnson lunges in on Newson in to turn 1, delaying Newson enough to let Finnikin through to second and Johnson dropping in to third; and that’s how they finished. Another excellent F1 final.

27 cars for the last race of the night; Frankie Wainman (515) taking the lap handicap at the front as final winner.  Chris Farnell (32) on pole led them off; Colin Goodswen (372) spins before green; Steve Malkin (308), Sam Makin (93) and Farnell all collided in turn 1; Cowley also in trouble collecting the plating and a small pile up forming in the bend also. Waved yellows; the top three on the restart was: 166 45 192. Craig Finnikin (H955) put a hit on Mat Newson (16) in turn 1 whilst Stuart Smith (390) clashed with Karl Roberts (313) in the back straight. Finnikin was really motoring up the order and took Nigel Harrhy (45) out wide in turn 3; Harrhy spun and was collected by Frankie Wainman JNR (555) and Paul Hines (259). 555 left stranded another set of waved yellows were called after only just 5 laps done. 166 still the leader, Luke Dennis (192) second and Finnikin third. Joe Booth (446) sent the 515 and 16 machines out wide in turn 3; Wainman then putting 16 to the fence the next bend. Halfway signalled and Finnikin now the leader; Wainman suffering some issues with steering retired to the turn 1 fence. In to the closing stages Mark Sargent was putting pressure on Lee Fairhurst (217); moving by in turn 3. Finnikin taking the win.  


2 Litre Saloons

The 2 Litre Saloons White and Yellow graders race had a field of 16 cars on track; Tom Balls (425) starting on pole position. At the green flag Timmy Barnes (131) piled in on his fellow yellow graders as Tyler Bloomfield (502) quickly took over the lead. Alan Hooker (29) and David Vaughan (470) spun out in the back straight together, getting collected by Carl Pears (409) in the process. Pears was soon in trouble again when Ryan Santry (389) and Tom Alsop (537) spun in front of him as he promptly collided with them too. Jack Rust (172) also spun out taking the leader Craig Banwell (128) with him; allowing Matt Fuller (270) to take over the running. Fuller’s lead was short lived after he too was took out by Alsop in the back straight. Pears was now your leader; the lap boards were out. Pears run to the chequered flag was unhindered and he took the flag. Further back; Barnes tried an attack on Wayne Peckham (603) in the last bend, however unsuccessful in shifting the 603 machine.

Saloons were up next; 29 cars on track for their first heat. Matt Fuller (270) leading the field off. A pile up soon followed the green flag dropping, a number of the mid field getting caught up including Jamie Sampson (149), David Vaughan (470), Shane Emerson (888); Emerson soon retiring after. Mackenzie Whitehead (331)  was spun around by Ryan Santry (389) with Sid Madgwick (217) also involved to in the back straight; a marker tyre ending up on the racing line as a result, waved yellows were called. Fuller still up front led them off, on the restart Timmy Barnes (131) lunged in on Cole Atkins (399) in to turn 3. Daniel Parker (306) made progress moving aside Tommy Barnes (26), Madgwick and Tom Alsop (537). Barnes (131) was continuing making use of the bumper taking a lunge at Michael Allard (349) and Lee Sampson (428) in turn 3. Sampson (428) was then fenced by Carl Waterfield (360) in turn 1. Sampson was in further trouble taking a trip to the infield with Barry Russell (600). Allard moved Alsop and Lewis Gallie (182) wide in turn 1. Diggy Smith (116) waded in Alsop too shortly after. The lap boards were out; Parker your leader, Fuller in second and Allard in third. Allard moving by Fuller as the laps wound down for second; Parker taking the win.

2 litre Saloons heat 2 and 27 cars returned. Alan Hooker (29) taking up the pole position spot. Lewis Gallie (182) spun before reaching the flag and was clobbered by the passing pack; Stuart Tointon (52) next casualty with a spin to the middle. Hooker leads Timmy Barnes (131) and Tom Alsop (537).  Tommy Barnes (26) went in on Michael Allard (349) after he was moved wide the previous bend. Carl Waterfield (360) and Wayne Peckham (603) clashed in turn 3; just as Carl Pears (409) was trained in to turn 1 plating with Barnes (26) and Luke Dorling (120). The lap boards were out, Hooker still holding the number 1 spot; Barry Russell (600) in second closing in. Alsop and Barnes (131) continued to battle further down the order. Hooker spun around gifting the lead to 600. Allard and 131 continued to clash with each other, resulting in 131 in a spin in the back straight, a chaotic few seconds followed as David Vaughan (470) clipped 131; sending 470 broadside down the backstraight across the oncoming traffic, Diggy Smith (116) with no where to go, crushed right in to the side of Vaughan, almost rolling the 470 machine; the chasing pack was sent scattering; a small pile up in the turn 3 fence the result. Russell taking the win, rewards for the long journey from North of the Border. 

The Saloon final and another 27 cars return. Matt Fuller (270) led them off. A charge in to turn 3 saw Jamie Sampson (149) rattle the plating courtesy of Tommy Barnes (26) and Daniel Parker (306) attacked Michael Allard (349) in to turn 1. Stuart Tointon (52) was sent in a spin in to turn 1 by Fuller. Big field bunching meant it hard for the star graders to make an impression, as Allard steamed in on Deane Mayes (730); Mayes trying to return the compliment soon after. Alan Hooker (29) now took over the lead from Fuller. Sid Magwick (217) spun around in turn 1and Carl Pears (409) was out of shape; sending the field scattering. Heat 2 winner Barry Russell (600) lunged in on Sampson and Michael Allard (349), but Russell came off worse resulting in a spin. Pears was in further trouble and was sent into a wall ride in turn 1. A steady second half then saw the lap boards. Wesley Starmer (525) and Wayne Peckham (603) were feuding further down the field; Jack Thompson (78) also in close contention the trio collide; resulting in Peckham up the plating. Carl Waterfield (360) collided at the chequered flag with Frankie Van Riet (H32) in the home straight, sending the field in all directions. Hooker taking an excellent win followed by Barnes (26) and Mayes in third.



The National Ministox took to the track first; 22 cars taking on heat 1 in trying conditions. Tyrone Evans (381) mastering the conditions and blitzed the field to take the win whilst those behind scrambled to keep in one direction, Evans raced off to an 8 second lead. Charley Tomblin (290) came home in second and Jack Witts (1) third.

Ministox Heat 2 grid with 25 cars; including a good number of novices. Finn Hunter-Johnson (120) led them off at the green flag; the red graders quickly engaged in battle. Jack Witts (1) attacked Rebecca Smith (391) in to turn 3; the move didn’t shift Smith; so Witts tried a harder hit. Witts was soon into the lead taking over from Hunter-Johnson; whilst further back Jenson Brickley (246) lunged in on Hayley Burns (290). The 120 machine got caught up in the battling Brickley and Burns and took a trip to the fence. Lewis Evans (392) lost out in the last bend and was then run into by 246. Witts taking another clear win.

The last Ministox heat had 24 cars, Finn Hunter-Johnson (120) on pole once more. Sharlotte Lewis (193) an early spinner, but thankfully the pack avoids. Back up front and the leaders Lily Finnikin (55), Henry Robson (67) and Megan Charlesworth (513) all clashed in turn 1; this allowed Tom Birchenough (211) to take over the lead.  Tomson Street (282) and Leah Sealy (475) collided with the fence; whilst 211 collided with a parked car; the waved yellows were prompted. The leaders on the restart: 67 287 285. Briannie Davis (285) quickly made a move for the top spot moving Robson aside. Lewis Evans (392) also joins in which mean there was 4 cars wide in to t3. Mid field bunching saw Jenson Brickley (246) spun out in the home straight and collect the fence in the first bend; waved yellows needed once more.  The top three on the restart: 392 285 287; and the lap boards were quickly presented; Tyrone Evans (381) now had moved up to 3rd; a quickly moved by Davis to take second. A great battle for about 5 or 6 cars to round off top ten in last bend finished another good Ministox race. 

23 cars for the Ministox Final; Evan Bullock (110) on pole; Leah Sealy (475) came under attack from Rebecca Smith (391), Sealy finishing in the fence. Smith using the bumper again next lap to move Harry Watson (128) wide. Amelia Wilkinson (287) and Henry Robson (67) tripped over each other, Wilkinson spinning out to the middle. The red grade once again battling it out; Jack Witts (1) and Briannie Davis (285) came off worst and both were spun out, the chasing pack splitting to avoid the 285 machine. Roger Stansfield (53) shedding a wheel, prompting waved yellows. Bullock leading on the restart came under attack from a big push behind in to turn 1; Robson ending up spun out against the fence. It was 3 wide in to the home straight and the field around bunched up heading in to turn 1, Harley Thackra (24) almost rolling in to the stranded Robson machine the commotion. Red flags as a result. Bullock again led them off on the restart; Tyrone Evans (381) quickly went on the attack. Harley Burns (290) bumps George Davis (281) wide. Tyrone (381), Lewis Evans (392) and Davis  the top three Mss 290 lap boards. 381 392 391. Burns spins in to turn 3 and was then collected. Evans brothers in the top three and Smith in third. Lewis Evans (392) failing post race checks promoted Smith to second and Jack Witts (1) in to third.  

Another excellent night of Stock Car action; our next meeting: Monday 7th May @ 1pm. 2L Bangers Bandit Memorial, Micro Bangers, Junior Bangers World Final and Reliant Robins in action.

F1 Stock Cars 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th
W & Y 32 76 372 326 244 166 216 446 348 415
Heat 1 308 515 372 326 217 313 216 25 94 364
Heat 2 390 32 127 244 21 212 555 12 335 211
Consolation 4 H955 166 446 37 16 259 463 192 306
Final 515 H955 4 16 446 94 37 390 335 12
Grand National H955 192 16 326 217 446 11 32 259 166
2 Litre Stock Cars 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th
W & Y 409 29 389 172 270 603 131 331 537 312
Heat 1 306 349 270 116 730 26 131 409 360 389
Heat 2 600 306 217 349 730 26 116 409 525 131
Final 29 26 730 537 399 306 349 116 409 525
Ministox 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th
Heat 1 381 290 1 53 475 84 80 24 391 281
Heat 2 1 391 361 290 285 80 281 128 392 55
Heat 3 392 381 285 53 84 128 287 211 55 67
Final 381 391 1 84 55 128 468 120 361 475
  • IMG_3984
  • IMG_4009
  • IMG_4051
  • IMG_4095
  • IMG_4173
  • IMG_4271
  • IMG_4295
  • IMG_4301
  • IMG_4317
  • IMG_4360
  • IMG_4364
  • IMG_4373
  • IMG_4402
  • IMG_4405

About Us

img1From the pure adrenaline and Unlimited Power of the F1 Stock Cars to the destruction and crazy antics of the Bangers - you can see it all at the Norfolk Arena! With up to fifty cars in every race, action is guaranteed and here at the Norfolk Arena we encourage “full contact” where spinning and hitting other cars is all part of the racing!

Newsletter Subscription
  • Details

Kngs Lynn Oval Racing trading as Trackstar Racing | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement 

facebook twitterrssRapidSSL_SEAL-90x50